General Party Planning Tips
Preparation Time Line
3-4 weeks before the party:
- Determine theme/occasion for party
- Establish a budget
- Create a guest list
- Send invitations
- Plan, select and buy decorations
- Plan, select and buy tableware pattern
- Prepare menu and grocery list
Select and hire caterer/serving help (if needed) or organize friends and family to help
Book Bouncy Castle, Face Painter or Clown etc
Order your balloon bouquets from Party Mad
Order Birthday Cake
2-3 days before the party:
- Call the guests who have not responded
- Buy groceries and beverages
- Prepare items that can be made in advance
1 day before the party:
- Clean house, party room, or party site
- Set up and arrange party site
- Thaw frozen party foods
- Set out serving pieces
- Coordinate last minute arrangements with caterers/servers or anyone making deliveries such as flowers or balloons
The day of the party:
- Decorate party room or have Party Mad do it for you
- Prepare and arrange remaining food
- Mentally "travel through" party
- Relax and enjoy!
Choosing a theme for your party can help create a focus when choosing a tableware pattern, invitations, decorations, games/activities, and food. It also helps create a sense of fun and expectation. e.g Hollywood, Wild West or Hawaiian.
Creating a Guest List
The real secret to a successful party lies with the guest list, because it's the people who make the party.
How many to invite - Logic says that if the party will be held outdoors or in a large party room a big list is fine; if space is limited, keep the list small to ensure that everyone will be comfortable.
- Occasion (Birthday, Retirement, Engagement, etc.)
- Date and Day
- Starting and Ending Time
- Place (include directions and a map)
- Details/Theme ("Surprise" or "Costume Party")
- Attire (Black Tie, Casual, Beach, Costume)
- RSVP or "the favor of a reply is requested". (To improve response, include more than one phone number, and even an e-mail address.)
Your decorations help create the all important atmosphere for your event. Additionally, think of decorations as giving your party flair, enhancing the mood and lifting the spirits! It is what transforms an ordinary room into another place or time.
Games and Activities
Fun games or activities can really make a party unique. To begin with, they help "break the ice" by getting people to become better acquainted. They also help to liven up a party. If there will be winners, make sure you have prizes.
Entertainment is an alternative to games and activities. Hire a musician, comedian, magician, band, DJ, dancers, or even a local celebrity, to entertain your guests.
Smart Party Tips
- Use of disposable party supplies enables you to enjoy the party instead of spending time in the kitchen cleaning up.
- Strategically place trash containers around the party room. Clearly mark recycling bins.
Our shop carries over 100 different balloons in various shapes, sizes and colors, including your favorite licensed characters. The styles are really fantastic and you can create your own balloon bouquets or let us help you create a custom one just for your event.
For further information please contact us 01-6247831